21st and 5th Avenue, Avalon NJ (609) 967-7553
A Brief History of Sylvester's
Located in a residential area of Avalon, at the corner of 21st Street and Fifth Avenue, Sylvester's appears to be an oversized bungalow. But behind a 4-foot-high fence running alongside and behind the bungalow, beneath a green canopy, there's seating ample enough for 175.
Hordes of people have been finding the place since 1978, when brothers Fred and Steve Sylvester added the restaurant onto the fish market.
Tom Shute built the original fish market in 1944, using wood scavenged from a flood.
Sign Guest Book View Guest Book
Home | Menu | Market | Reviews | Photos | History
best viewed at 1024 x 768 resolution.
© All material is copyright protected.